When you’re going out for a night on the town, the last thing you want to worry about is your makeup smearing, caking or looking “done” before you’re finished with your fun. That’s why wearing a primer is critical!
What is a makeup primer?
Primer is the base you apply before your foundation or your eyeshadow which allows your makeup to be applied easier and last longer. They come in all different forms such a gel, powder or cream.
Nitty gritty response: If you want to be beat to the Gawds all night long, chile wear a primer!
I’m always interested in trying new products and was excited when Milk Makeup provided me with the Blur Stick complimentary to try! And babyyyyy, when I said I applied my makeup at 6pm and it lasted to 1am – two snaps and a twirl! 💃🏾
I have combination skin with blemishes and I loved how this primer didn’t break me out, cause irritation or feel heavy on my skin.
The applicator is easy to roll on. It’s almost like deodorant or you can use your fingers if you prefer.
It is interestingly colorless for all skin tones despite the color of the product! With it being clear, it’s hard to actually see you’ve applied the product. I would recommend taking your time applying it to ensure you’ve covered all spots! Feel free to use your fingers for the corners and crevices.
On my journey to amazing skin, I’ve been definitely paying more attention to products I’m using and their ingredients.
- Silicone-free and oil-free (prevents your pores from clogging)
- Dimethicone-free (which could cause skin irritation and is a non-biodegradable chemical)
- Cruelty-free (not tested on animals)
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens: xenoestrogens, which mimic estrogen in the body and are linked to reproduction issues and breast cancer. When you use these products and expose your body to external estrogens, you may be increasing your risk of breast cancer.
- Sulfates: Strips the skin of natural oils that our skin actually needs for protection which can cause irritation.
- Phthalates: Can damage the liver, kidneys, lungs, and reproductive system — particularly the developing testes — according to animal studies.
Overall Review The product is light weight, easy to apply and non- problematic for troubled skin. Personally, I don’t have large pores to see a huge difference but did love the overall feel and results of the product for long wear! I wouldn’t personally use it without foundation due to my blemishes (one day I’ll be blemish free and you won’t be able to TELL 👏🏾 ME 👏🏾 NOTHING!)
If you’ve tried this brand, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Comment below!